The RV Gang

The  RV  Gang

Sunday, March 25, 2012

FLORIDA: Disney World

Yahoo . . . . We’re going to Disney World today.  Shelley’s brother works at Disney World and was able to get us free passes for the day!  We’re so excited but it’s hard to see everything in one day so we had to make a plan.  Bill, Shelley’s brother, & family was at our campground promptly at 7:30am to pick us up.  They were incredible with their kindness of driving us around for the day.  We went to an awesome breakfast buffet so Shelley could visit with her dad and family, and then we were off to Animal Kingdom.    Auntie Vic, Shelley’s sister in law, and her Niece Jenna & nephew John all came with us to the parks and we drove two cars.   How do you see all 4 parks in one day? . . . .  You drive from park to park with a free parking pass and the privilege of parking in employee parking up front!  That was awesome!


Our first park was Animal Kingdom where we went on the Safari ride, Expedition Everest, the Rapids ride and then over to the watch the Lion King show.  Those were the “best of”  Animal Kingdom and we were done in 3 hours, ready to move to the next park. 
Next we went to Hollywood Studios.  We parked as close as we could, took the tram, and as we arrived at the entrance I realized that I left my phone in the car.  So I rode back around on the tram to get my phone, but oops,  I forgot to ask what kind of car it was!  I walked around in the general area where I thought we parked for about 10 minutes thinking all the cars look the same.  Thank goodness for automatic locks that beep when pushed because finally I heard a “beep” and there was the car.  I rode back on the tram to the entrance and made my way to the Tower of Terror, which is what everyone went on except Brittany, Shelley, and I . . . that ride is awesome but we can’t handle the drop.  We went over to the Rockin’ Roller Coaster to get fast passes but unfortunately they were for 4 hours from that point.  Well, we got them anyways just in case, and went over to Toy Story, which was also a 90 minute wait.  Bummer!  We decided to try the Indian Jones show but that wasn’t for another hour, so we just browsed the main street and left the park.
Next we drove over to Epcot and parked right in front.  It was pretty crowded to and the ride Test Track was also a 90 minute wait.  So we went to the Agriculture Pavilion to go on the Living with the Land ride which was awesome.  It ‘s a boat ride that takes you through the process of growing food in many different ways.  Next we walked over to the countries and went to the O’ Canada circle vision theater, which was about the country of Canada.  Martin Short narrates it so of course it’s funny, but the scenery was beautiful.   Then we decided that we were all hungry and went over to Mexico to eat at their outside pavilion.  The food was excellent but pricey.


After dinner we left Epcot to go back to Hollywood Studios to use our fast pass to ride the Rockin’ Roller Coaster.    We walked right on and so glad we came back for it because the kids loved it. 
Then as we were walking from the Rockin’ Roller Coaster as stopped at a sticker station where a nice gentleman from Minnesota was handing out paper records with stickers, and the young kids wanted to do it.  We stood there for about 10 minutes chatting with him, and at one point we told him we were only here for a day because we are traveling around the US.  We told him we were park hopping trying to see everything we could in one day and the Toy Story ride was too long of a wait.   He was fascinated and kept saying “wow”, and then asked how many we have in our party.  We told him 10 and he reached in his pocket and pulled out two fast passes, each accommodating 5 people, for the Toy Story ride and he said, “Have a magical day”.  We thanked him profusely and kept saying “Wow that was sooooo nice”.   We were so excited and we ran over to the ride and walked right on!!  That was awesome!


Next we drove over to a parking lot by Magic Kingdom and boarded the Monorail over to the park. 
We were right in time for the fireworks but it was crowded.    We crammed ourselves through the crowd  and as we were walking through the crowd I was stepping around a stroller not knowing it was off the curb.  Unfortunately I stepped off the curb wrong and twisted my right foot right where I broke it.  OUCH,  that hurt!!!  My foot was throbbing and I couldn’t even enjoy the fireworks.  All I could think of was getting out of there and getting some ice.  Thankfully I could walk on it, but I thought I pulled a muscle or something. 
Sweet Vicky went to get me a wheel chair (because she gets them for free), which I told her wasn’t necessary, but she did it anyway!  So now it’s my turn in the wheel chair – many members of my family have been in a wheel chair at Disneyland.  I didn’t like it but I was thankful I didn’t have to walk.  I had no problem walking to the car after taking Advil, but "Oh boy" is it sore!!


We were one of the last one’s to leave the park and again we got home very late!!   But it was a fantastic day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment