The RV Gang

The  RV  Gang

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Countdown

Exactly 30 days from today on March 18th, 2012, we will embark on our long thought out trip across America.  Shelley Gillette and I have been planning and talking about this trip, homeschooling US History across the country,  for two years and here we are on the countdown to our disembarkment.  Hard to believe.   We spent a good portion of our vacation at Tahoe in September planning this trip.


Although, it is amazing how we have our plans usually all layed out but God sometimes has different plans.  Proverbs 19:21 says "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails".  Our human nature is to plan things out, but we also need to except that the Lord's plans may not be our plans.  I've been praying incredibly hard that this trip is the Lord's plan because there have been many obsticles to hurdle; such as our husbands not too sure about the whole thing, Brandon's objections to going,  breaking my foot 4 months and 1 week before we leave, and finally mechanical difficulties with the RV.  

But Psalm 20:4 says "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed."   Our plans are the desires of our hearts, which means that if our hearts are completely focused on the Lord,  our hearts desires will be His plans.  I am trusting in the fact that this trip has been the desire of both Shelley's and my heart from the beginning, and we desire to show our kids God's providential plan of our country through actually seeing it.   We are giving them the opportunity of a life time and that is truly what homeschooling is all about . . . taking the opportunities to learn "hands on" rather than just reading it in a book.  

Because of all these hurdles, it's been challenging to believe that this trip is actually going to happen.  Yet God has taken care of the details of these challenges, even though it hasn't be easy.   We are persevering because it has been laid on our hearts so strongly.  Our husbands finally agreed to the trip; I've come to some reconciliation that Brandon is not going on the trip (and I will explain details of this conflict later); my foot is still healing and even though it's been a slow process, I had 4 months before we left; and the mechanical issues on the RV have been fixed plus Gramps helped pay for them as an investment into our trip.  God is good!  Now, I can finally get excited.  Today is an exciting day to begin our countdown and even though we have a lot to do, I can really start believing that this trip is part of God's plans for us.  One of my life's verses is Jeremiah 29:11 which says "For I know that plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to five you hope and a future."  I believe that the Lord laid this trip on our hearts and that He will allow it to prosper.  Praise the Lord.  Now I take a big sigh of relief and start the daily countdown!!

No comments:

Post a Comment